Saturday, September 22, 2012

On time management.

I have fully settled into the new job. Things are well. I am, however, finding myself not having enough time to do, anything. Luckily enough, I have put aside thirty or so minutes for this long overdue blog posting. Truth be told, I have never really ever been that organized, or time-savvy as it were. The lack of time is punching me in the face like Liam Neeson in one of his action movies. 

Each week, my workday seems to be lasting longer and longer. 5, 6, even 7 in the evening at times. The good news is that I am actually accomplishing the work I set out to do. This was also a problem in my youth. Now, I must learn to consolidate work much like my debt, and pay over time. I have utilized things such as a calendar to improve my time management and to remind myself as to what day it is. These things really work wonders. 

Sometimes I feel as though I do not take enough advice from my cat. He knows how to live. 

Violo often times chooses to sleep. The entire day. 

I also find myself losing touch with my fellow educators. I tend to only leave my cubicle for coffee. Lots of coffee lately. Ergo, many trips to the bathroom as well. I'm sure my new time management skills will also help to assuage this as well. Not so much the frequent urinations, but the time away from friends. 

In other news, my swing dancing seems to be improving. At this rate, I shall be more than ready for next year's talent show. I have also changed my diet to that of mainly avocados. 

Well, my 30 minutes is up. Stay tuned for another exciting episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment